In order to reduce the risk to both patients and staff of possible infection of coronavirus and to ensure we are able to continue to provide care and support for those most in need, we are going to be taking the following steps:
- We will be reducing the amount of patients that need to come to the surgery, we’ll be doing this by making more use of telephone calls and only asking those patients who genuinely need to come for a physical examination or procedure to attend the surgery
- We will be asking patients, where appropriate, to convert their surgery appointment to a telephone appointment. We will do this using a number of methods using SMS / Smart Messages, through social media and contacting patients directly
- We will be asking patients to make more use of the online consultation tool on our website /digitalpractice/consulting-room
- We will be asking patients to make more use of our website by going to Reception and Enquiries for admin queries /digitalpractice/reception-and-enquiries
- We will be limiting the amount of appointments available to book online – this is to ensure appointments can be triaged appropriately
- We will be limiting the amount of routine appointments that are available to book – this is to allow us to be responsive to the developing spread of the virus
We will be changing the way we offer telephone appointments. During the course of the Corona Virus outbreak we will be trying to offer either a morning or afternoon (or possibly half an hour either side of the appointment time). Appointments don’t always run to time based on clinical emergencies so we cannot guarantee an exact time.
Please make sure you let us know the number you wish to be contacted on.
Urgent Appointments / Minor Illness
Patients will still be seen when necessary but please contact us to ensure we can direct you to the most appropriate clinician.
Patients should be reminded to check https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for constant updates from the NHS or to keep checking our website or facebook page.
If you wish to cancel your appointment for any reason please let us know by going to our website, reception and enquiries and cancel an appointment or calling 01603 867532 choose option 2 and leave a message (you do not need to wait to speak to a receptionist).